- Shared Hosting - Great for starters and small businesses.
Cheap web hosting with shared resources. The most used type of web hosting and suits
- Shared Cloud Hosting - The shared cloud web hosting
plans usually offers more scalability and performance than that of the shared hosting
plans. They still share resources with multiple customers. This can be a bit hard to
understand when reading the sales information on the web hosting sites, making them
unfairly look better value than that of the regular cloud
plans that have dedicated resources.
- WordPress Hosting - Specifically designed for WordPress. You can
host WordPress just fine on the other types of hosting also. These plans might however
have features like expert WordPress support, and free plugins.
- Cloud Hosting - The most modern type of hosting. Cloud
hosting often has the benefit of being able to scale resources as needed, up and down
quickly and easily without needing to move your websites to different servers.
- VPS Hosting - A virtual private server. Dedicated virtual
resources and lots of power. Usually needs some more technical knowledge. However, when
fully managed, the hosting crew will deal with updates and such though.
- Dedicated Servers - The most powerful option. Dedicated
resources on your own server. As with VPS plans this option also requires technical
knowledge, but if the server is fully managed by the hosting company you will get all
the support you need, most likely. I would ask the hosting support what parts of set up
and maintenance that you would need to do before buying. Usually no money back guarantee
and usually monthly billing.